These are the steps I took to flash a Linksys E2000 router with a DD-WRT firmware.
- 30/30/30 Reset
- Upload dd-wrt.v24-18024_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2000.bin via Linksys firmware upgrade page from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/12-20-11-r18024/broadcom_K26/
- Wait 5 minutes after upload completed.
- Web interface for DD WRT appears.
- Do a 30/30/30 reset again.
- Wireless > Advanced Settings enter 50 in the Tx Power entry. This should make for less Tx/Rx Errors and help the unit run cooler.
- Initital DD WRT firmware flash must be a trailed build. A trailed build has “*e2000.bin” in its name. Following flashes must have “*e2k-e3k.bin” in their name.